My grandma would always x out people in her yearbook and write “Deceased” when one of her high school classmates died. We often found it morbid. Grandma wanted to be the last one living. She wanted to win.
That’s not a yearbook.
That’s a hit list.
just the girly things
- forcing an earing through a closed piercing
- taking off tight clothes and rubbing the indents they left on your skin
- human sacrifice
- homemade face masks
- Today, I was wearing a floor length skirt. There's this fantastic girl in my 3rd grade class who is Egyptian, and wears a hijab and a long skirt everyday. There are a few other Muslim kids, but most of the girls don't dress like that. She is the only one in her class who wears it every day.
- Girl: I like your skirt!
- Me: Thank you!
- Girl: I'm surprised that you are wearing a long skirt.
- Me: ... Why?
- Girl: Because you are cool. And long skirts are weird. The other kids call me weird for wearing a long skirt every day.
- Me: I don't think long skirts are weird. I think they are cool. And pretty. And fancy.
- Girl: (turns to the class and yells) EVERYBODY! I'M NOT WEIRD, I'M FANCY!